Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Run Rachel Run

Sunday was the New York City Marathon, the major annual event that posses 45, 000 people to don their sneakers (argh) head to Staten Island (double argh) and run 43km/26 miles thru the 5 boroughs of NYC – argh argh aarrgghh!!

If you have not already gathered, David and I did not participate. However we came out in full support of Rachel who was running for the 10th time but the first time since she had baby Annabelle.

We were able to download her race number and track her on David’s i-phone, which made things much easier.

We headed to Harlem, on 110th and 1st Ave for the first sighting, the energy and excitement was amazing, it really felt like a New Yorker thing to do.

I was so overcome when I saw Rachel approach, I jumped out onto the course and snapped this great pic......and I just want to say that it was totally worth being reprimanded by the police!





















It was then over to 110th and 5th Ave for the 2nd viewing and managed to run into Ritchie in the crowd – seriously what are the odds?

















Complete with signs, we almost missed Rachel but due to Ritchi’s sign she managed to see us before we saw her.
















We even saw the Chilean Miner!















It was then back to R&R place to help set up for the party.
Congratulations Rachel what an AMAZING effort!

Although to be fair we were running around NYC all day as well ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.