Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Bronx Zoo

Last week we had a treat from Australia- Alison and Kere in town! For something different, and because Alison is such an animal lover, we made our way up to the Bronx Zoo. I have to say this is one of NYC biggest kept secrets, and I was taken aback at the size of the grounds and the proximity to animals - it was truly amazing.


Alison in the monkey cage. Fact: monkeys have tails and apes do not.


On the Wild Asia Monorail - more Asia and less Wild.


Cutest sea lions I have ever seen.


Sprawling grounds.


Baby sea lion - adorable!!


At the front of the old entrance.



Let's get our America on with a Big Old Drink - sugar high coming!


And now some big old giraffe's


Inside the Butterfly Conservatory.


Tiger grabbing some shade.


Buffalo? Can't remember, but they were exotic and big :)


A very rare species!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.