Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh Christmas tree.........oh Christmas tree

On Saturday we braved the cold and headed out to get our first Christmas tree in New York. David had done much research on where the best trees where, so it was game on!

However the simple task of picking a tree turned into a fiasco once we arrived at the first vendor. Firstly you are spoilt for choice! Noble fir, Norway spruce, scotch pine, white fir, Virginia pine ..........then it was a choice of domestic or imported. Then it was onto the price, some vendors charged by foot, the others by size, the others by variety.

Good grief, I was praying for a local boy scout hall and haggling down the price with a a 15 year old!

After much debate I left the ultimate decision up to David who had the job of carrying it home.





















All wrapped up and ready to be decorated.....




















Ta -da!






















Somehow, despite the tree being up I cant help but feel the need for heat wave and bikini for it to really feel like Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.